Tips to get your jet-ski ready for summer!
Tuesday, 31 October 2023
With the arrival of summer, it’s the perfect time to have some boating fun! Whether you want to go fishing with families or participate in exciting water sports with jet-ski, you must get your boat ready first. So in this blog, we will give some suggestions to ensure that your jet-ski and boat are ready for summer in New Zealand.
1. Clean and shine
The first step is to thoroughly clean your jet ski both inside and out for summer. Clean out any dirt, or saltwater residue to keep it in good condition. Don’t forget to scrape away any mold or mildew that may have gathered over the winter. A tidy jet ski not only looks good, but it also needs to function well!
2. Check engine and fuel systems
Your jet-ski engine is at its heart, so you need to make sure it’s in good condition. At first, check the engine oil, fuel lines, and filters. Make sure there are no signs of oil and fuel leaks. Then inspect the engine oil. You must change or add it immediately if it is dirty or below the engine oil level. It will be a good idea to have a professional mechanic inspect the engine to ensure it works well. Also, don’t forget all other related systems, like the fuel system. Specifically, you might need to clean the fuel tank and check all leaks or blockage in the fuel system. Check the cooling system is also essential, which can prevent your engine from overheating. Clean or replace it, if there are any blockages.
3. Check all the battery and electrical systems
Before heading out into the open water, inspect the battery for any corrosion, leaks, or damage first! If there is any rust or damage, it’s quite important to fix it before proceeding. Then, using a multimeter to measure the battery voltage. If the voltage is much lower, it means your battery is discharged and needs to be charged or replaced. Finally, checking the electrical systems is necessary. Specifically, you should test all electrical components, including all the lights, switches, and gauges. Any damaged or broken should be replaced immediately.
4. Service the trailer
Inspect the trailer for any damage or wear before you transport your jet-ski and make sure it works well.
5. Prepare your safety equipment
Safety should be your main priority before you start your summer adventure. Please ensure you have the following safety equipment:
- Life jackets: Make sure your life jackets are in good condition and fit properly.
- First aid kit: Keep your first aid kit on board just in case.
- Emergency signaling device: In an emergency, a whistle can help draw the attention of others.
- Communication equipment: Take your phone with a waterproof phone case to protect your phone from water damage.
6. Run a Test Ride
After you’ve completed all of the tests and preparations, you should take your jet-ski for a test ride in a safe environment. This will assist you in identifying any flaws that need to be fixed before going out to the open water.
By following this blog, you will know how to prepare your jet ski before summer. With your jet-ski in really good condition, you could focus on the beauty of the country’s views. Stay careful and have a nice summer on your jet ski in New Zealand.
Why choose Kiwi Car Loans to apply for jet-ski finance?
- Easy application process: We work with New Zealand’s best lenders and ensure a seamless and efficient financing process for our clients.
- The fast and best finance service: Client satisfaction is our top priority, and our professional team will work 7 days a week to bring you the fastest and best finance approvals to suit your requirements.
- Competitive finance rates: Client satisfaction is our top priority, and our professional team will work 7 days a week to bring you the fastest and best finance approvals to suit your requirements.
- Customize financing solutions: Our expert will tailor a financing solution to your specific needs and ensure the best rates for you.